Blog 6: The frizz frenzy. How to tame those frantic strands, for good.
Lets face it, the worst part of trying to style your natural hair is having frizz. One of the most common reasons as to why people straighten their hair is to tame the fizziness, but it will actually cause more of it it in the long run. It’s a never- ending cycle, but I’m going to give you some hair friendly advice that is easy and affordable. These simple, yet valuable tips are sure to make you feel more confident to embrace your natural hair.
The firs thing you should do when working on your frizz is to adopt a regime for a few months. This well get the hair follicles used to the treatment and the results would be more consistent, long lasting and effective. I don’t want this to be something you dread doing because it takes forever and requires a long process, instead you will find that it involves a few changes to your daily hair routines, ones you will look forward to doing.
Let me know your thoughts by commenting below and if you have any other tips I might have missed don’t be shy to share. My favourite tip, and the one you will probably find the most bizarre is to actually wash you hair less. Yes I said less.
• Wash hair every second or third day: constantly washing your hair strips it of its natural oils which can cause it to become dry and frizzy
• Dry your hair gently by dampening the hair: Drying the hair in different directions won’t let the cuticle lie flat.
• Use a soak in conditioner weekly: this restores the hairs smoothness, after exposure to x=chemicals and changing weather
• Anti- frizz oils: these are great products that provide temporary smoothness
• When blow drying direct the heat down to keep the hair smooth
• Trim hair regularly (every 2-3 months)
Read more from the experts: