Majority of the time we are actually using these styling tools in a further more damaging way. The incorrect use can have significant side effects on not only our luscious locks but on ourselves. I can’t even count the number of times I have burnt my fingers or blistered the tip of my ear, trying to straighten every strand of hair perfectly. Or even left the straightener on and caused permanent damage to bed sheets and clothes. I still haven’t learnt my lesson. So I don’t want you girls to make the same mistakes.
Although straightening your hair is not rocket science you will be surprised at how many of us are doing it wrong. Here are a few tips to use these heating tools safely and get the most effective results with the least amount of damage.
- Make sure your hair is thoroughly washed before hand
- Hair should be completely dry. Preferably naturally dried to avoid using the blow dryer (when naturally drying hair do it from the tips to the roots)
- Spray dry hair with anti heat spray
- Look for a ceramic flat iron (cheaper products are not usually as effective as ceramic coating distributes heat evenly)
- To get equal heat exposure, divide hair strands
- Apply heat for no more than 15-20 seconds on each strand
- Give it a few seconds to cool down before straightening the same strand
- Leave and inch from the root from where you apply the straightener
- Adjustable temperature is a plus, try keep it below 300
Read more: http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/hair-straightener-safely-at-home/
Here it is girls, your saving grace. (Well almost.) We are all aware of the immense empowerment YouTube gives us but how many of us actually make use of it as a learning tool rather than purely for entertainment purposes. After being consumed in hours of interesting and educational videos about natural hair care and styling tips that don’t require heat I really wanted to share these videos with you. All the work can be done while you’re asleep, or even doing the house- work.
The procedure in this video can take up to a few hours to show results depending on the thickness of your hair.Tip: Try it on a family member or friend, to get the hang of it before trying it on your own hair.
Forget the old fashioned time consuming rollers and be inspired by this tutorial for those of us who have nice curls, but unfortunately they don’t always sit right, and after failed attempts with the curling iron we revert back to straightening. So this is a great video that provides easy tips and tools to help with the heat free styling that will surely make you look and feel great.
These are great imitations of runway hairstyles that can be done when your hair is out of control and needs a wash. These unique styles will hide the frizz.
So if your looking for a natural look to either accentuate your curls or flatten the uneven waves, check out these videos and many more that are available. So much appreciation and thanks goes out to these professionals who are helping out amateurs like, myself on how to get salon quality styles without further damaging my precious hair.